How does Whirpool/Hydrotherapy tables work?
You simply lie back on the table. Your swimsuit is not necessary. Just under the surface is a mattress filled with heated water. A pump propels the warm waters towards you through three patented hydro-jets. A primary wave and a lighter secondary wave combine to produce a very effective deep tissue massage to all areas of the spine simultaneuously.
What are the benefits of the Whirlpool/Hydrotherapy tables?
The benefits can be broken down into two different catergories. We have two types of physiological effects which are as follows:
- Analgesic - This effect is the most frequent indication for the application of heat. This effect acts as a pain reliever.
- Antispasmodic - Heat is generally a relaxation effect and a reduction in muscle guarding. It also increases the elasticity of connective tissue which is important in treatment of post acute strains and sprains, and often long periods of immobilization.
- Decongestive - Increase blood flow is important in the treatment of many types of injuries because it causes an increase in the supply of oxygen and other necessary nutrients and enzymes in addition to increasing the bodies metabolism.
- Sedativity - Heat helps decrease spastisity, tenderness and spasm.
- Local Vasodilation - Increases local metabolic rate which increases the healing rate.
- Increases local blood supply to soft tissue.
- increases drainage and reduction of swelling in soft tissue and muscle.
- Relaxes muscles which reduces muscle guarding.
- Increases venous and lymphatic drainage which reduces swelling.
- Prevents adhesions and fibrosis in muscles, ligaments and tendons.
- Decreases loss and/or strength of muscle during long periods of disuse or immoblization.
- Reduction of pain resulting in increased mobility.